Jobs and Talent
Welcome to Jobs and Talent, which aims to provide AAGE members with a method of advertising available positions in the graduate recruitment space to one another, along with publicising profiles of current job seekers with experience in the graduate recruitment field.
Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet: APS 6 Adviser, Entry-Level Programs, Canberra
The Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet’s Entry-Level Programs (ELP) team has an opening for an enthusiastic and innovative APS 6 to join the team for an initial 12 month period.
The ELP Team coordinate and deliver the PM&C Graduate Program, Indigenous Leadership Program and centralised entry-level programs; working in a fast paced and high profile environment where the work of the team has clear impact on organisational outcomes
Experience in entry-level programs and/or recruitment is highly desirable but not essential. This role may require some travel in the lead up to, and during the recruitment process for the Graduate Program. Please click here to access the candidate pack for further details on the role and how to apply.
Quantium: Graduate Recruitment Consultant, Sydney
If Data Science is the future then we’re going to need more data scientists! Quantium is home to Australia’s leading graduate and internship analytics / big data program and their team is hiring for a Graduate Recruitment Consultant!
Basically, they’re looking for a lovely legend to come in and own everything about campus recruitment with lots of interesting internal projects. If you’re smart, passionate, around 3-5 years into your career, and ready to step up then this role could be exactly what you’re looking for. The company is young, fast paced, exciting, growing rapidly and highly innovative with a fun and welcoming culture. Please email Ashley Hennon (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you’re interested.
Founded in 2002, Quantium combines the best of human and artificial intelligence to power possibilities for individuals, organisations and society. Our solutions make sense of what has happened and what will, could or should be done to re-shape industries and societies around the needs of the people they serve.
As one of the world’s fully diversified data science and AI leaders we operate across every sector of the economy and we’re growing fast - with growth comes opportunity! We’re passionate about building out our team of smart, fun, diverse and motivated people.
We combine a team of experts that spans data scientists, actuaries, statisticians, business analysts, strategy consultants, engineers, technologists, programmers, product developers, and futurists – all dedicated to harnessing the power of data to drive transformational outcomes for our clients.
We actively foster a culture where our people can stretch themselves to reach their full potential.
We also know that work has to work for you, and modern life is fast-paced, and balance can be tricky. You want to work where you are respected and valued as an individual, not a number. Quantium embraces a flexible and supportive environment dedicated to powering possibilities for our team members, clients and partners.
- This role is responsible for hiring top intern and graduate talent into Quantium internationally using best practice hiring processes and related recruitment activities
- Reporting into the Senior Graduate Academy Consultant and liaising with appropriate stakeholders both internal and external you also manage relationships with key University contacts including both career hubs and societies
- Major stakeholders will include Graduate Academy team, HR, Analytics Community, marketing and brand teams as well as other key contacts throughout the business to support and design materials for recruitment and to attend events
- Key deliverable will be to drive the successful end-to-end recruitment strategy and process for Associate Analysts and Associate Engineers in the Graduate Academy, aligned to business needs and to ensure we provide a best in class candidate experience
- Coordinate and facilitate in-house and on-campus events, marketing campaigns and university society submissions / mailouts whilst managing key internal and external stakeholders
- Input into and adhere to the Graduate Academy budget
- Perform accurate, high quality analysis of each recruitment process to inform strategy going forward (Post Implementation Review)
- Coordinate work experience placements
- Deliver continuous improvement through refining and revising recruitment strategy and content, including activities such as refreshing questions, online content, updating the parsing system etc.
- Create and update content all marketing content for GradConnection, society submissions, student mailouts, on-campus screens etc. ensuring brand alignment
- Manage, facilitate, attend, and / or source attendees for events, including both on-campus and on-site in Quantium offices
- Consult with various stakeholders to understand skills and attributes of high performing graduates and interns, and align with the business strategy and needs
- Partner with various stakeholders in the Analytics Community and Technology leadership teams for case study design and testing methods
- Interviewing candidates and managing the candidate tracking process
- Complete the Post Implementation Review after each recruitment round to help design and inform future strategy
- Manage work experience placements end to end including providing paperwork, sourcing a team and manager, checking in etc.
- Support recruitment internationally (i.e. recruitment materials such as presentation decks, interview and case study material)
- Day to day task management with Graduate Academy Administrator during recruitment periods
Experience and education required
- 3+ years’ experience in graduate recruitment or a related field
- Intermediate to advanced Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be a creative, logical problem solver with a keen eye for potential inefficiencies and areas for process improvement
- Strong attention to detail
- Thoughtful stakeholder management skills, involving the right people at the right time and in the right level of detail (both internal and external stakeholders)
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage a lot of moving parts at once
What does success look like?
- Strong and well-rounded understanding of Quantium’s graduate and internship Academy and recruitment strategies and methods
- A clear and thorough strategy has been defined and implemented for Quantium internationally. You should be comfortable making suggestions and implementing changes to the current process, and forming views for upcoming campaigns
- Great feedback received in post-recruitment surveys regarding recruitment process, recruiter professionalism etc.
Key business capabilities required
- Event Management: The successful execution, coordination, planning and running of graduate and intern events
- Recruitment: Attracting, seeking, interviewing and recommending suitable candidates who meet Quantium's needs
- Client Service Centricity: Demonstrate through your actions that you position candidate’s and stakeholder’s needs at the centre of all activities including communication, recruitment lifecycle support and execution.
- Judgement: Application of commercial acumen, intellect, business and client understanding to make considered decisions or come to practical conclusions where there is natural ambiguity
Key People and Leadership capabilities required
- Self-aware - you leverage diversity across people, tasks, client interactions and projects, taking responsibility for self and other
- Agile and innovative - you possess strong lateral thinking skills and actively develop these in others
- Achieve and perform - you have exceptional execution skills and are achievement focused
- Brand advocate - you anticipate and consider brand and cultural impact in decision making
- Purposeful and aligned - you are able to set clear, tangible objectives which deliver against our strategy
- Achievement oriented - you effectively facilitate challenging performance related conversations in a timely and appropriate manner
- Coach - you demonstrate the ability to coach and develop others while facilitating learning, growth and engagement
Xero: Graduate Experience Coordinator, Melbourne
Xero is looking for a Graduate Experience Coordinator, to help us run our award winning Junior Talent program smoothly.
At Xero, we’re rewiring the small business economy and want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice and connections. We aim to make being a small business more efficient and profitable for small business owners, and more enjoyable too.
Meet the Team
Xero has made a huge commitment to developing our future people and technical leaders. We do this via our junior talent programs. The Xero Grad team is a group of Xero's, passionate about championing junior talent.
Together, they take care of our full process from end to end - campaigns, events, recruitment, onboarding and development of vacationers, interns and grads. The team is led by our Graduate Experience Manager (New Zealand based) and consists of an NZ Graduate Experience Adviser and Grad Team Leads in Australia, NZ and the USA.
We are looking for a Graduate Experience Coordinator to join our team and support junior talent in Australia.
About the Role
Working closely with our Graduate Experience Manager, and the Australian Grad Team Leads as a team you will support and delivery our junior talent strategy in Australia. For more specific details, and to submit an application, please click here. Applications close 28 June 2019.
There is no available talent currently being advertised.